instagram

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Franklin Avenue Kitchen: Ahi Tuna Burgers with Tapenade

The challenge: Valentine's Day 2006. For the second year in a row, I turned to Food Network's Giada De Laurentiis for some recipe mojo. And for the second year in a row, I wasn't disappointed. Giada, I hope I did you proud.

Tuna Burgers with Tapenade



Laying out the ingredients: Baguette bread, green olives, kalamata olives, capers, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, Italian parsley leaves, lemon zest, tuna steak, mayo, dijon mustard, red bell peppers, red onion, romaine lettuce leaves.



Getting into it: Making the tapenade, the dijon-mayonnaise, prepping the tuna.



As the tuna is seared, I make Trader Joe's prik king green beans (excellent, by the way).



There you have it: Ahi Tuna Burger with Tapenade. Pretty easy (although I cheated and seared, rather than grilled, the tuna, since I honestly didn't want to have to clean our grill.)

No comments: