instagram

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Scenes from a Valentine's Day

Nothing more crazy than a flower shop at 7 p.m. on Valentine's Day. I headed to My Secret Garden (at Franklin and Western), where the line was filled with guys picking up some last minute flowers.

To be fair, they didn't let me pre-order, since I was picking up. (Luckily, Maria's not into the whole cliche red rose thang -- no offense to you who like the red roses, they're beautiful.)

I knew exactly what I wanted -- orange French tulips. Maria loves orange flowers, and the tulips looked perfect. Meanwhile, in the frenzy guys were picking up and matching just about any flower they could get their hands on.





My Secret Garden is on the pricey side, but they do a great job in arranging the flowers into a great looking bouquet. Next up: Mike cooks dinner, Food Network style.

No comments: