instagram

Thursday, June 1, 2006

Eating the Farmers' Market



With my parents in town last weekend, we took them to the Grove, and of course the Farmers' Market. My dad, who remembers visiting the 3rd and Fairfax landmark on a 1962 trip to Los Angeles, noted how it's really more of a food court than a market (although I still picked up a banana for Evan at 20 cents).

We've reviewed at least one Farmers Market eatery -- Loteria Grill -- for Rate-A-Restaurant. But Pat at Eating L.A. is now embarking on an ambitious journey to taste test every stall at the site:

I haven't tried every stand yet, but I'm working on it, so every so often I'll post a collection of reviews of Farmers Market stands. Eventually I'd like to add guides to Grand Central Market, Mercado La Paloma, Wat Thai and more.


Pat is rating each stall on a scale from one to four shopping carts. So far, Littlejohn's English Toffee gets four carts, Moishe's gets three, while Bennett's Ice Cream, The Village and Patsy D'Amore's Pizza get two each.

I was actually mulling holding our Rate-A-Restaurant 100 event at the Farmers Market, but since Pat's got it covered, I've got another place in mind. Stay tuned for details on our blogger shindig (you're all invited!).

No comments: