instagram

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Pastrami for Father's Day

I'd never even eaten a pastrami sandwich until about six or seven years ago. You can thank Maria for ending my ignorance of pastrami -- once I got a taste of the deliciously salty, peppery and fatty meat, I was hooked.

Now, heading to Langer's near MacArthur Park for a Number 1 (pastrami, cole slaw and Russian dressing) is such a treat that I decided to pick the spot for my Father's Day lunch.

(Well, actually my 'Day-before-Father's Day" lunch. We go to Maria's mom's house on Sundays, hence the early celebration.)


The Number One


The Langer's dining room

Tasty stuff. This visit, we also discovered that Langer's has just renovated its bathrooms. It's a nice touch, but a little odd. They're modern-looking bathrooms -- yet the rest of Langers is dressed in 1970s coffee shop chic.

Across the street, Pope John Paul II waves:



Happy Father's Day to my dad as well, and to all of you other dads out there!

No comments: