instagram

Sunday, July 9, 2006

May 2006 Playlist -- Finally!

Yeah, I know -- several months late. And several of these tracks are already moldy oldies by now. (Hey, in my defense, I thought that Natasha Bedingfield track was pretty catchy the first time I heard it... 1,500 spins on KIIS-FM later, not so much.) But we've been busy here at Franklin Avenue headquarters (hey, it's hard work scouting out the perfect milkshake), and I'm afraid my timely mixes have become rather untimely this year. But I'm already putting the finishing touches on my July mix... so expect to see that before the end of the month.

And now, I bring you... the May mix (which was actually originally the April mix...):

May 2006

I Try -- Gnarls Barkley (3:45)
No Room For Change -- Crystal Skulls (3:31)
DARE -- Gorillaz (4:04)
Spiral -- William Orbit (4:57)
Hard To Beat -- Hard-Fi (4:13)
Too Rude -- Carmen Rizzo feat. Esthero (4:21)
Unwritten -- Natasha Bedingfield (4:20)
Your Kisses Are Wasted on Me -- The Pipettes (2:12)
Bittersweet Faith -- Bitter:Sweet (4:19)
Forever Lost -- The Magic Numbers (4:11)
Daft Punk Is Playing At My House -- LCD Soundsystem (5:16)
Beautiful Life -- Fisher (3:06)
Crooked Teeth -- Death Cab for Cutie (3:23)
Bullet And A Target -- Citizen Cope (4:22)
I Was Just Thinking -- Teitur (3:30)
The Needle Has Landed -- Neko Case (3:45)
When She Smiles She Lights the Sky -- Plantlife (3:08)
Breakdown -- Jack Johnson (3:32)
Callin' Out -- Lyrics Born (3:36)
This Time It Will -- Jeff Hanson (4:33)

(For a complete list of Franklin Avenue's playlists, back to 2001, check out our Choice Cuts blog.)

No comments: