instagram

Friday, September 8, 2006

Fall Comes Early, at Least According to the Coffee Chains



It's the equivalent of Christmas decorations flooding stores in October: Both Starbucks and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf have already trotted out their fall specialty drinks -- both of which center their beverages on pumpkin spice flavors.

I love me the new flavors, don't get me wrong -- but the imagery of pumpkin pie, fall colors and changing leaves doesn't mesh with the 100-degree weather we've experienced in the Valley this past week. Fall technically doesn't begin for a few weeks -- so please, coffee folk, let us squeeze a few more days out of summer before reality sets in!

UPDATE: I tried one of the Coffee Bean pumpkin pie lattes today. As you may know, I love pumpkin, I love lattes and I love the Coffee Bean. That's why it was such a huge disappointment to find that the pumpkin pie latte is terrible. I mean, just a taste disaster. It's a major, major mistake. I'll next try the pumpkin pie ice blended, which I assume will be much better.

No comments: