instagram

Friday, October 27, 2006

Press Release of the Day: Biggest Stretch By Anyone to Somehow Cash In On Madonna's Current Baby Fever



I once played a Madonna song on my college radio show. Therefore, I'm qualified to discuss Madonna's headline-grabbing adoption attempts. At least, that's the rationale I can use if I follow the strategy of these guys:

New Product Packaging May Explain Madonna Adoption Scandal

San Francisco, CA October 26, 2006 -- It is possible that Madonna's attempt to adopt a young African boy is fueled by a marketing skill that even she doesn't realize is at work. According to the authors of the book, "EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT DATING I LEARNED IN BUSINESS SCHOOL: How to Succeed in dating using basic business practices," effective product repositioning and packaging is what made Madonna famous, especially since the product is herself.

The authors also speculate that Madonna may have been making a selfless humanitarian gesture, while deep down exercising those marketing skills that allow her to change her look, her style, her target audience, and her music based on the trends of the times. The authors have outlined these changes in the book in an analysis they call, "Packaging Case Study: Madonna."

There you go -- blowing the lid off the never-before-written notion that Madonna has altered her music and appearance through the years.

No comments: