instagram

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

FRANKLIN AVENUE CONTEST: Rufus Wainwright Sings Judy Garland



On Sunday, Sept. 23, Rufus Wainwright re-creates Judy Garland's 1961 performance at the Hollywood Bowl. He'll be performing it at the same venue, at 7 p.m., with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra and a quartet he has handpicked. (Details here. It's a follow-up to his lauded Carnegie Hall tribute to Garland in 2006.

If you've never seen Rufus in concert, he puts on a great show. But I'm not so sure I need to see him do Judy Garland songs... but that's just me being close-minded, I'm sure. (Maria emailed me earlier and said she wanted to go. I'm still on the fence.)

How 'bout you? Franklin Avenue has a pair of tix to give away... just email us at franklin_avenue@yahoo.com and tell us what you'd like to see more of in the blog. As usual, the BT will pick the winner! (Tickets courtesy Fanscape.)

No comments: