instagram

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Maria's Thursday Three



1. The Hat celebrated their 55-year anniversary in 2006 and as you can see above, the logo on their cups and bags was changed. Seems like they alter their logo every five years; I remember coming here a couple years back and their logo featured "50" from their golden anniversary in 2001. Whatever you do, make sure there are at least four people before ordering the chili cheese fries.

2. When I bought my new/used Volvo a few years back, the dilemma was where to find a good, honest mechanic for it. I loved my VW mechanic Mauricio at Jomag because he was very pleasant and only repaired what needed to be repaired. My friend Jamile recommended The Clinic and Bob and Fabian are another good example of mechanics you can trust. On more than one occasion, they checked out my car when I told them there was a "strange noise." They've even refilled my oil and power steering fluid at no charge. Mike likes going to Long Automotive for his Honda. The thread is honesty and good prices in finding a decent mechanic... any other recommendations out there?

3. Our friends Pat of Eating L.A. and Santos of third and fairfax have already gone (separately) to Breadbar for the Ludobites event. I wanna go, I wanna go -- best make my reservations soon. Chef Lefebvre will only be there through December 21.

No comments: