instagram

Friday, March 14, 2008

Blogger Toddler's Take on the Glendale Pancake Wars

Excuse me as I get a little more obnoxious with the BT posts... but he's now at that age where some funny stuff is coming out of his mouth.

Today, we were discussing the best place to get pancakes: Glendale diner The Toasted Bun, or national chain IHOP --which, by the way, is headquartered in Glendale, so I guess either way we're helping the hometown team. (And yes, I know there are better pancakes out there, but in BT's universe, it's a Toasted Bun vs. IHOP world.)

Dad: "So where should we go tomorrow for breakfast? Toasted Bun or IHOP?"

Evan: "Hmmmmm.... IHOP!"

Dad: "Are you sure? You don't like Toasted Bun better?"

Evan: "No, I like IHOP better. They say, 'Look at the cute boy' at Toasted Bun. The ladies there."

Dad: "Wait, then why do you like IHOP better?"

Evan: (Thinks for a beat.) "Yeah, I like the Toasted Bun better."

No comments: