instagram

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Scoops Report: Yes, That's Bacon in My Ice Cream



Scoops is probably the only spot that deserves its own blog post every time we visit. (Here's the scoop on our last visit, back in February.) This time out, I'd say we sampled some of the best Scoops flavors yet.


Oh yeah, you read that right. Banana/Peanut Butter/Bacon. I wasn' t planning on getting this flavor... but then I sampled it. Something about the hint of bacon -- Scoops is subtle with its flavors, after all -- meshed nicely with the peanut butter flavor (the banana was a little more obscured). For my second flavor (remember the Scoops mantra -- One Scoop Is Two Balls), I chose Tiramisu Guinness. Slightly more disappointing -- I barely tasted the Gunness, and the rest tasted less like tiramisu, and more like plain chocolate.


The Kid Formerly Known As Blogger Toddler enjoyed -- seriously, he inhaled the whole thing before we were even done -- his Chocolate/Jalapeno flavor. Indeed, the jalapeno was subtle, but added a nice kick.


Maria may have picked best of all: A Red Wine/Lychee Sorbet.

No comments: