instagram

Thursday, May 1, 2008

What Should Mike Drive?



OK, so I mentioned my car accident the other week... sadly, my Honda CRV was totaled. I liked it, and wasn't ready to give it up just yet. The CRV was completely paid off, dependable, got decent (not great, but decent) gas milesWith crazy mortgage payments, property tax, etc., our budget is already stretched thin enough without car payments on top of that.

But that's a moot concern -- we have to get a new car. The question now becomes: (a) Should I get a new hybrid, especially with gas prices so crazy?; (b) What about a small hybrid SUV, so we aren't losing the space we enjoyed in the CRV?; (c) How about we take the insurance money and buy a used CRV, to roughly replace the one we lost? It's the least exciting choice, but the most financially prudent: I get to avoid a car loan, plus keep driving a CRV as if nothing had happened.

Which option do you like, and any suggestions on which car/small "crossover" SUV?

No comments: