instagram

Monday, June 9, 2008

Pondering the Fate of Norwalk's Norms



Sad to see this Norm's Hamburgers in Norwalk, at the corner of Firestone and Studebaker, shut down. The windows may be boarded up, but the unique architecture is still visible: Check out that roof. I've seen others speculate on whether this was once a Van de Kamp bakery, given the windmill-like top to the building.

I haven'r been able to find any info online abour the fate of the site... any one have any ideas? It would be quite a shame to see this building disappear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most likely a Van de Kamp since the structure is similiar to the one in Arcadia now a Denny's. Shame that the windmill fell from the top of that Denny's.

Went by that location to visit my old childhood area and sad to see it's been long demolished and now stands an Autozone and an oil changing station.

Glad to see the picture. That's how I remembered that corner when passing by with my parents as a child.