instagram

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rate-A-Restaurant #181: The Stand



Restaurant: The Stand

Location: 2000 Avenue of the Stars (Century City)

Type of restaurant: American: Hot Dogs, etc.



They stipulated: Have as many pickles as you want... but if you want more deli mustard, you gotta ask for it.

We stipulated: I missed lunch on afternoon at the TV Critics Assn. press tour -- being held at the Beverly Hilton -- and decided to hit the Breadbar in Century City. I called up TV Week's Joe and Andrew, and they were heading to The Stand. I'd never been... so I skipped the mall and headed into CAA territory.



What we ordered: Sorry, I wasn't in the mood for a hot dog. I went the sausage route -- in this case, a low-fat chicken apple sausage, which came with grilled onions and deli mustard. ($5.75). I also passed on the chips and got the slaw for $1 more.



High point: Service was reasonably fast, and I liked the option of putting the sausage on a poppyseed bun -- which I did.

Low point: $1 extra for a tiny side of slaw?

Overall impression: Decent crunch to the sausage, price was borderline reasonable... and most importantly, interesting crowd watching. Witnessing lawyers and agents in suits chomping on hot dogs next to others in t-shirts and shorts was interesting enough.

Chance we'll go back: Probably wouldn't go out of my way, but yes, I should probably try the hot dog next time.

For a complete list of our more than 180 restaurant reviews, check out our companion Rate-A-Restaurant site.

No comments: