instagram

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Listen to Me DJ a Top 40 Radio Station as a High School Senior in 1990



A few months ago I recounted the time, as a 17-year-old high school senior, I got the chance to play guest DJ on "Hot I-94," which was (in 1990) the hot youthful radio station in Hawaii. As I mentioned this summer, as part of a holiday promotion I convinced them to let me play guest DJ.

They let me do an hour show on a Friday night during the "Lanai Boy and Jimmy the Geek" show. (It was late December, so they probably figured no one was listening on a Friday anyway). Lanai and Jimmy basically gave me the board for an hour as I played commericials, the pre-determined playlist (remember Stevie B?) and read a few liners. It was a blast. Above, a shot of me with Lanai Boy from that night.

Now, here it is. If you've ever wanted to hear me intro cheesy pop music from 1990, this is your stream.

Play Music - Free Audio - Mike on Hot I-94

No comments: