instagram

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Quarantine Baking: Beignets Bring New Orleans to LA

 

Here's the deal: I used to go to New Orleans for work conventions all the time. I'd inevitably buy a box of Cafe Du Monde beignet mix, with the goal of re-creating those delicious beignets I'd scarf down on the Cafe Du Monde patio.

I never did. Those boxes would eventually expire and wind up in the trash.

But this is the pandemic, and there's time now to do crazy things like deep frying dough balls in your kitchen. So when I received a mailer with Cafe Du Monde beignet mix and chicory coffee, I thought I'd do it for reals this time.


(Coincidentally, I was back in New Orleans last January and got this Cafe Du Monde alligator for the Blogger Kid 2.0 — but I didn't bring home the mix this time, knowing better. This mix and coffee came with a mailer for Showtime's "Your Honor.")
Look at this! Deep frying beignets!
Look at this! Rolling beignets in powdered sugar!
Delicious. Almost like being in New Orleans. Almost.

No comments: