instagram

Monday, December 8, 2003

Spotted At The Koo Koo Roo
Ain't nothin' like a new feature to keep this here blog fresh. So welcome to the first, and potentially last, installment of "Spotted At The Koo Koo Roo."

In today's episode, while in line at the Miracle Mile Koo Koo Roo to pick up a Spicy Garlic Chicken Bowl (which I probably have at least 3 times a week), I couldn't help but notice the fortysomething pregnant woman carrying an armful of new socks as she walked around the store.

Now, I've been accosted for years by flower vendors walking into restaurants and trying to sell me a bundle of roses. But this marked the first time I'd seen a table-to-table traveling sock saleswoman.

But sure enough, she eventually made it up to me.

"You want to buy a sock?"

The socks just weren't that impressive. She had a mix of white tennis shoe socks and black-with-blue-stripes dress socks. The kind you would probably pick up at 4 for $5 downtown.

"How much?" I asked.

"$7."

Wow. Pregnant sock vendor sure wasn't offering up much of a deal. I got my Spicy Garlic Chicken Bowl (don't let the "Garlic" in the title fool you, it's not that potent) and left.

Next time on Spotted At The Koo Koo Roo: The La Brea Tar Pits Balloon Guy!

No comments: