instagram

Friday, March 5, 2004

Shamrock Update




I did it. I had one.

Did what?

Fine. You got me. I had two.

Whaaaa?! Didn't you just post your Shamrock Shake dilemma two days ago? Man, it sure didn't take you long to crack!

I know, but the comments below were pretty damn unanimous: Get the damn shake. It's not ice cream, and God won't be angry.

True, true, but Brian at LACOMfidential had come up with a pretty good solution: A Shamrock Shake recipe, to prepare after Lent.

Ahh, toying with my Catholic guilt! But indeed, the Shamrock Shake became more of a necessity over the past two days because of my teeth. On Thursday, I went to the ortho for my monthly braces tightening (yes, for those of you who don't know, I'm currently sportin' a metalmouth. Laff all you want, but you're gonna be scared of my beauty when it's all over) -- and after that painful ordeal, decided to treat myself to one.

Yum. It was just as I remembered. Minty, green and delicious.

Today, meanwhile, I had to get a tooth pulled at the dentist. As part of my ortho treatment, the tooth, despite being perfectly healthy, had to go.

When the dental assistant suggested that I eat ice cream this afternoon to help ease the pain of a now-gaping hole in my mouth, I had to laugh. This indeed was The Last Temptation of Mike: ice cream. So I compromised. As several readers noted in the comments down below, McDonald's shakes aren't technically ice cream.

But I promise, that's it. (At least, until my teeth and gums start hurting tomorrow. Then all bets are off.)

No comments: