instagram

Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Indie Goes Rolling With Rollins


Nice write-up about Indie 103.1 in this week's Rolling Stone, which calls it "America's coolest commercial radio station."

It had somehow escaped my attention that Indie 103.1 music director Mark Sovel is actually an alum of one-time pirate station KBLT. And how cool is it that Henry Rollins now has a show on the station (every Monday night, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.)?!




Caught a bit of Rollins' show last night, and he indeed plays a distinct mix of songs, much of it rare, some of it old, and all of it from his own private collection. He describes the show here:

If I am not dropped and allowed to be a weekly occurrence, I will be doing the following: I will be talking about current events, recounting stories, as I am wont to do, and playing some really great music from all genres. If you find yourself so inclined, you might want to tape some of this as I will be playing rare and alternative tracks, a lot of which have never been put onto CD until I transferred them myself. I will also be bringing in some interesting people to guest along with me from time to time. I am hoping to make the show ultimate and totally cool. I am already making playlists in my head. I can’t wait.

No comments: