instagram

Monday, August 22, 2005

Press Release of the Day: Delusional Edition



At least one person doesn't believe Tom Cruise "jumped the couch" this summer. And that person put out a press release to tell us so.

Meet Niki Yan, author of "My Love for You, Tom Cruise: A Desperate Chinese Girl's Confession."

I truly hope this is real... please, please, let this be real (edited for space, and for some truly terrible grammar):

Chinese Girl Realizes American Dream Through Her Tom Cruise Book

(PRWEB) August 22, 2005 -- "It's Tom Cruise that inspired me to come to the U.S. from a small village of China to pursue my own American dream," says Niki Yan, the young Chinese writer/actress who just finished a book "My Love for You, Tom Cruise: A Desperate Chinese Girl's Confession."

This insightful and inspirational fun book is devoted to the person who changed her life forever -- Tom Cruise, the Hollywood movie star who has been her hero and role model since she was 11 years old.

"I am so lucky that I had a model that I could follow since I was a little girl. We were really poor, and we lived in a small mountain village of China, which had no water, no electricity, plus the oppressive environment in China, so as a teenager, I had a dream, and the dream was coming to America one day and live in my dream as a writer and actor. And that was Tom Cruise, who gave me the power and determination to do so.

"When I grew up, I could not communicate with other kids, because their world was just the small village. But I wanted to fly, to do so like in 'Top Gun,' to fly in the unlimited sky. He taught me miracles do exist if you try hard enough."

Now her dream has come true. She is living in her dreams every day, and doing exactly what she wanted eight years ago. Her life is led by the faith and courage just like Tom Cruise.

Yes, this book is the perfect expression of love, dream, and hope. It focuses on how Tom Cruise, a super star with a compassionate heart became the role model of a young talented Chinese girl who came to Los Angeles to look for her own American dream.

"It's all because Tom Cruise, I can't imagine where I would be now without his inspiration. He made me go to the best university in China and come to America. Keep in short, he made me do exactly what I always wanted to do. Tom Cruise to me is like Scientology to him -- Tom said how Scientology changed his life, and I want to tell him how much he changed my life. It's to do with determination, it's to do with faith and love."

Niki now is 20 years old, the author of 6 books, and this book is her first book in English. She also finished a screenplay, which also was inspired by Mr. Cruise. Niki expects Tom Cruise to star in it.


It was inevitable... looks like we've found the first disciple of Cruisentology!

No comments: