instagram

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Rate-A-Restaurant, #112 in a series



Restaurant: Lucky Devils

Location: 6613 Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood)

Type of restaurant: American (burgers, etc.)

We stipulated: For my birthday, I was originally going to meet Maria for sushi. But I decided that rather than break the bank, we'd be bad. I'm talking Chocolate Cake Milkshake bad. We'd been to Lucky Devils for shakes, but had never eaten regular food there -- and I'd heard good things about the turkey burger. Sushi was going to have to wait.

They stipulated: No reservations necessary -- Lucky Devils is located in the rapidly changing heart of Hollywood, which is bustling at night but less crowded during the day. We grabbed a table without problem.



What we ordered: Kobe beef burger with fries; rosemary turkey burger with fries (told ya we were being bad!; Chocolate Cake milkshake.



High point: The rosemary turkey burger was excellent and lived up to the hype. Maria and I both saved it for last and savored every bite. Then, of course, was my main reason for coming: The chocolate cake milkshake. Ahh, yum. Cakey good. Like a blended, thick, serving of cookies and cream ice cream.

Low point: Gotta say, the kobe burger didn't do it for us. Kinda dry, and not as flavorful as the rosemary turkey burger.

Overall impression: Decently priced, Lucky Devils is one of those spots where you can meet up with a wide variety of people and not worry about who likes what. And yes, there's the milkshake factor.

Chance we will go back: Absolutely -- I now have to once again taste the Toasted Pecan shake and determine which one I like better.

(For a full roster of Franklin Avenue's restaurant reviews, check out our companion Rate-A-Restaurant site.)

No comments: