instagram

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Angeleno of the Week: Reggie the Alligator



Not a good time for L.A. celebs: Paris, Lindsay and Reggie are all facing some pretty serious legal problems. Yup, Reggie the Alligator was finally caught this past week and thrown in the pokey -- and as a result earns this week's Angeleno of the Week honors.

In what may be his final blog post, Reggie expresses regret at his capture, and admits he already misses his old Machado Lake stomping (swimming?) grounds:

Now that I'm behind bars the nice zookeepers are allowing me to make one phone call. They actually let me exchange my phone call for a blog posting so here it is.

I'm doing fine at the zoo, my confines are a little small but at least I know I'm close to doctors if I ever need them. The whole team that jumped on me put up a good fight and there wasn't much I could do. They were a courageous and quick thinking bunch.

I was really suprised that they came after me, I was really planning on waiting until June for the Irwins.

I just want to thank everyone for the support and the love. Please come and visit me at the zoo when you have a chance.

Don't worry about me I'll be fine but nothing will ever replace the beautiful Machado Lake and all of the great people of the South Bay.

Reggie wasn't yet on display, at least as far as I know, when we brought Evan to the zoo on Friday. Of course, there are some who believe that the alligator captured was actually another one, and that Reggie still roams the lake.

No comments: