instagram

Friday, June 22, 2007

Pizza Dough 911



There are few things I love more at Trader Joe's than their refrigerated, ready-to-use pizza dough (as I've written about countless times). My pizza making has become a weekend tradition here at Franklin Avenue HQ.

But I learned an important rule last weekend: The shelf life of the dough really is short. Use it or freeze it by the sell-by date... or you'll do what I did, and open up a bag of moist, limp, slimy, useless dough.

What to do. I conjured up my inner Top Chef 3 (have you been watching?) and improvised. I knew we had pancake mix, and so I momentarily thought I'd invent pizza pancakes. What are pizza pancakes? I don't know, but sounds awesome, doesn't it?

Then I read on the box: The pancake mix could also be used to make biscuits. Bingo. I made up the mix, rolled it thin and treated it the same as if it were pizza dough. Twelve minutes later, I had biscuit pizza:



Pizza emergency averted.

No comments: