instagram

Friday, November 9, 2007

A Night at the Fresh & Easy: The Recap


The Glassell Park Fresh & Easy at night; the underwhelming inside.


Burgers... and baked goods.


Chicken tortilla soup ($2.99); their version of Pirates Booty: "White Cheddar Pirate's Treasure" ($1.68)


Fat-free milk ($1.78); 7 petite chocolate chip cookies ($1.49)


Pomegranate & blueberry sorbet ($1.98); blue corn & chile lime crackers ($2)


Green Thai-style chicken curry ($3.99); seedless red grapes ($2.43)


Chicken salad ($2.99); whole wheat pizza dough ($0.99).

Great review here on the experience by Rose, who must've been there right around the same time we were. She hits most of the points right -- a nice new grocery alternative, but still somewhat disappointing, particularly given all the build up.

And by the way, this annoys me: Rose writes as a plus: "They mailed out $10 coupons to the neighborhood, which brought in more customers. And after my purchase I received a $6 coupon (on my next purchase over $30)."

Dude, we (a) didn't get those coupons, even though we live just a mile away, and (b) I didn't get a $6 coupon when I checked out. Boo, Fresh & Easy, maybe I was too positive in that last post... I'm getting less and less enthused about the place.

No comments: