instagram

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rate-A-Restaurant, #162 in a series



Restaurant: The Trails

Location: Fern Dell Drive, off Los Feliz Boulevard (Griffith Park)

Type of restaurant: Vegetarian plus Pie!

They stipulated: Cash only.



What we ordered: Avocado Sandwich for Mike ($6.25) and Goat Cheese Tomato Tart for Maria ($4.50)



High point: The black pepper on the Goat Cheese Tart (above) was simply good and elevated that dish to a new level. Never underestimate the power of freshly-cracked black pepper -- I kept smacking my lips, enjoying that taste after we ate.

Low point: Although the Avocado Sandwich (below) was filling for Mike, I was still a bit hungry after devouring my tart. I should've had some pie.



Overall impression: Eating fresh fare at a picnic table at the base of various trails in Griffith Park -- not bad. And on such a beautiful day, it made me thank my lucky stars I live in Los Angeles. You quickly unwind as soon as you sit down; they have some nice music playing unobtrusively in the background. I imagine this place being crowded and busy in the summer or on the weekends, but on a quiet weekday afternoon, I quickly forgot my endless to-do list and unread e-mails.


Chance we will go back: Yes, I foresee us coming back for pie.

For a complete list of our over 160 restaurant reviews, check out our companion Rate-A-Restaurant site.

No comments: