instagram

Monday, June 30, 2008

24-Hour Fitness Gets On the Wrong Side of B-Side



Ben -- better known as B-Side, one of the founders of TVgasm, recently blogged about his run-in with the folks at his gym -- or shall I say, former gym -- 24 Hour Fitness.

It's an epic tale that begins:

For years now, I've been splitting my time between two or three different 24 Hour Fitness gyms, and as such, I've had to pay an additional $5 per month to grant me access to all the clubs at my membership level. This means that every month, I'm supposed to get billed a certain amount for my membership and then the added fee for the all-club upgrade. Pretty standard stuff.

Well, late last week, I moseyed into the gym, and after having my ID scanned in, I proceeded forward to the gym floor.

"Wait!" called out the guy at the front desk. "You're only One-Club."

That was strange. I'd been All-Club for years and years. Why would I suddenly be downgraded to a lesser status? Clearly there had been a mistake.

"Clearly, there's been a mistake," I said. The guy looked back at his computer monitor, which had now been taken over by a big red screen to warn him of my alleged delinquency, and told me that no, I was not eligible to work out at this club.

From there, B-Side gets caught up in a tangled web of 24 Hour Fitness rules and misguided customer service. Needless to say, he's moved on. Read about it here.

No comments: