instagram

Thursday, August 7, 2003

Fact and Fiction, Arnold... Fact and Fiction
Anyone else find it odd that Schwarzenegger -- whose bizarre campaign so far seems to be based on "cleaning out those Bozos in Sacramento (a "Simpsons" style parody of a real campaign stance if I ever heard one) -- told Jay Leno Wednesday that he wanted to "pump Sacramento up"?

Arnold, you forget: That's not your line. It's "Saturday Night Live's" Hans and Franz (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon) -- parodying you -- who used to say, "We want to pump (CLAP!) you up!"

In other words, Arnold is impersonating a group of comedians who were impersonating him.

I suppose it's no worse than Ronald Reagan thinking he actually served in the military (it was a movie role, Ronnie). But Ah-nold really needs to cut down on the cutesy "Hasta la vista," "I'll be back" and "You've been terminated" lines. I mean, really. But I suppose that's what will get Arnold fans to the polls.

No comments: