instagram

Saturday, April 17, 2004

More Ice Cream Passion

(Yeah, I know... way too many ice cream posts as of late. I'll tone it down next week. But for now, please indulge me as I continue my travels through Ben & Jerry's calvacade of new flavors...)




Oatmeal Cookie Chunk (Sweet Cream Cinnamon Ice Cream with Chunks of Oatmeal Cookies & Fudge)

Sez B&J: "To us, there's nothing more familiar or comforting than just-out-of-the-oven cookies. We created this flavor to celebrate the humble oatmeal cookie, & because we love chocolate, we threw in lots of fudge chunks in lieu of raisins."

Sez Mike: First off, thank you, Ben & Jerry's, for not throwing raisins in this flavor. That saves the day right there. Not that the day needed saving, because this is one of the better new flavors from the ice cream company. The chunks of oatmeal cookie are generous, and as I mentioned below, cinnamon ice cream is one of my favorites. The fudge chunks are actually unnecessary, and distract from the oatmeal and cinnamon flavors -- but that's something I can overlook. While I doubt I'll ever have a pint of our previous review, Dublin Mudslide, again, I look forward to my next pint of Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.

No comments: