instagram

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Who Wants to Name Our Baby? Week Six




Welcome back! The net's favorite (OK, only) blogality show continues, as you help us decide whether our baby will be blessed with a name that exudes character and confidence... or whether he's going to be horribly teased in the seventh grade.

Yup, "Who Wants to Name Our Baby?" is back. And this week, the pick was overwhelming.

Gone this week is... TYLER.

You guys just didn't care much for it -- particularly because you thought it was too sing-songy.

Unfortunately, most of you failed to come up with decent replacements. So no new name added to the mix this week.

Here are some of this week's comments:

i'd ditch the ones that rhyme with michael -- and Tyler is worse than Ryan, so I'm voting that off the ... list.
****

Tyler is bland and boring. Kids named Tyler usually have sandy blonde hair and perfect teeth. Why is this a bad thing you wonder? Well it's not. (I myself had sandy blonde hair as a child.) But you don't want your kid to be ordinary. Plus Tyler Schneider IS a little too sing-songy. Try saying it fast five times. Not pretty. Also, the smart kids in your class were never named Tyler.

My replacement name is: Oliver Michael Schneider. Oliver is definitely a smart-person name.
****

Much like I refused to give up on Howard Dean, I still insist you should eliminate "Jack." Yes, I know I'm the only one.

For a replacement name, how about uber-Celtic: Sean!
****

Tyler is my choice to go -- the ending in the same sound-but-not-quite
rhyming thing is not musical.

How about adding Jacob (Jake) to the list?
****

You two are nuts!
What's with the middle name????
Don't get me wrong Mr. Schneider - I do love your name, but does this mean that when you have a second child - she gets "Maria" as her middle name?
****

Please get rid of Evan. I hate that name. Not only because possibly the most boring woman I've ever met named her son Evan. Not only because of that unfortunate (oh wait, who am I talking to?) reality TV connection.

Um.

But because it also lacks a good nickname/shortening. Ev? Who's going to call your boy Ev? My friend's name is Ev (short for Evaleen) but she's a girl dammit.

As for a new suggestion, I suggested to my friend Kelly that she name their son either Lolo or Zigzag (after Mt. Hood hikes.)

I humbly offer them to you as well. See? They've got good nickname possibilities. Hey, Zig! Lo, you swell cat, you.

Ta dah.
****

Get rid of Tyler.

I’m still fond of Max, not Maxwell but just good old Max. And I forget, was Justin ever in the mix? That’s a good one too but after all these weeks the names kind of blend together.
****

I'm voting off Ryan........what about Andrew or Zachary?
****

Vote off Evan...

I like the idea of Benjamin as a replacement.
****


OK, gang. We're down to the FINAL FIVE.

Alexander Michael Schneider
Evan Michael Schneider
Jack Michael Schneider
Matthew Michael Schneider
Ryan Michael Schneider


Now it's getting serious. And we're sweating... cause none of these scream "Mike and Maria's child." This week, we're asking you to vote off TWO NAMES and give us TWO NEW NAMES. Let's mix this contest up! (If TV reality shows can make up the rules as they go along, why can't we?)

As always, send your suggestions and eliminations to nameourbaby@hotmail.com.




No comments: