instagram

Friday, May 11, 2007

Chick-Fil-A, and Other Fast Food Joints in Short L.A. Supply



A few days ago LAist lamented the lack of any Chick-Fil-A outlets close to L.A.:

Having lived next door to Chick-Fil-A during my brief stint in Orlando, I had the honor of enjoying the deliciousness of a piece of fried chicken on a bun with three pickles whenever I wanted. Ever since, every time I move I make it a habit of logging on to chick-fil-a.com and finding the closest location. Upon arriving in LA, I was disappointed to see that the closest Chick-Fil-A was a 25 minute drive away in Redondo Beach in the South Bay Galleria.


As regular readers know, Franklin Avenue has frequently tackled the question of absent chains here, even if fast food kinda makes me cringe.

Southern California is usually the envy of the rest of the country, thanks to our In-N-Out Burger monopoly. But several chains are still non-existent here, such as Dunkin' Donuts. It's worth asking again: Any joints you miss by living out here, or any spot you've hit on vacation that you wish you could transport back to L.A.?

No comments: