instagram

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eric Garcetti on the 'All My Children' Cancellation



Los Angeles City Council President Eric Garcetti was instrumental in securing an L.A. home for ABC's "All My Children," which moved from New York to Glassell Park's Andrita Studios just last year.

The move was meant as a cost-cutting way to keep "All My Children" alive. Even star Susan Lucci, not a fan of the move (none were) eventually agreed to switch coasts.

Of course, it was all for nothing. ABC announced today that both "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" would be canceled.

It was a bit of a blow for Garcetti, who celebrated the move just a year ago by appearing as himself on an episode (above, he played himself, visiting fictional Pine Valley and meeting with David Canary's character about environmentally friendly initiatives.)

Here's Garcetti's statement on the news:

While we are disappointed that the ratings just aren't there for the network to keep "All My Children" on the air, I am proud that we were able to move the show from New York and demonstrate to other productions the benefits -- whether financial, facilities or personnel -- of filming in Los Angeles. My office has worked diligently to attract and retain production in Los Angeles, and we're going to start looking for ways we can help fill the "All My Children" studio space when it becomes available.
"All My Children" airs its final episode in September.

No comments: